It has been a very long time since I updated this blog and I am truly sorry about that. Of course, nobody is reading it so I don’t know why I”m apologizing. I guess because when I started this thing I made a commitment to myself to stick with it and I think the commitments we make to ourselves are perhaps the most important ones we can make.
Anyway, I haven’t updated because I’ve been very busy. There are Facebook quizzes to be taken and lolcats to lol at and lots of stuff to read about on Wikipedia. You see I haven’t been wasting my time. I’ve been very, very busy! Actually, there have been lovely baby showers that needed planning and attending, clay pigeons that needed shooting, and exciting Voces Novae planning meetings and auditions. VN will kick off next month and I will be busy for real for awhile. I think our last season was excellent and next season will be even better. If you live in the Louisville, KY area and have never been to a concert I really, really think you should give it a try. We’re really good if I do say so myself!
So what have you missed my invisible readers? Not much. In fact you should count yourselves lucky i haven’t kept up lately. I have been really mad in recent days. Everything in the world has conspired to annoy me for some reason. And the more annoyed I get the more the world conspires. Funny that. Well not really it’s how things work, you know. What you resist persists, right? So my resistance to things that will annoy me (the silliest of which is sleeves that don’t stay pushed up when you push them – these are the kinds of tiny irritants that have made up my month!) cause everything around me to be annoying. Got it? Good. End of lesson. I hope you’ve learned something.
I have thought of doing another garden update, but since this entire blog is so far about 90% about my deck garden, I thought that might be a little repetitive. So here’s the garden update (no pictures this time):
- Grape tomatoes ripened: 3
- Brandywine tomatoes growing: several
- winner of fastest-growing-plant award: Cilantro (with mint coming in a close second)
- Biggest garden bully: zucchini (it keeps crowding the cucumbers, which are continually wilted and sad looking and seem to be running away from the zucchini plant)
- The Basil is delicious and I am very excited to see blossoms and some little bitty peppers starting on my hot pepper plants
- The sage has truly died. I think it didn’t appreciate falling out of the planter very early on.
- The marigolds are flourishing in some places and struggling in others (see bully zucchini above).
I am very much looking forward to a relaxing long weekend. I don’t care much for fireworks, but I do appreciate the day off!
Well, that’s about it. I have lots of ideas about what I want to say here, but some of the things require pictures I haven’t taken yet. I hope if anyone ever starts reading this they will stick around for awhile. 🙂
Share your love and shine your light!